*Background screening MUST be submitted and approved before creating a JTT team.
1) Go to www.usta.com/safeplay.
2) Click on ‘Safe Play Process for Jr. Team Tennis’.
3) Download Policies and Procedures.
4) Click ‘Begin Background Screening’.
If you are a new captain and haven’t completed the screening process before, check ‘YES’ for the question asking ‘Is this your first time using NCSI for a background screen?’
If you are a returning captain who needs to renew your screening, check ‘NO’ for the question asking ‘Is this your first time using NCSI for a background screen?’
If you are a captain with a current USTA membership, check ‘YES’ for the third question and fill out the appropriate fields.
If you are not a current USTA member, click ‘NO’.
5) Complete the steps in the background screening process.
6) You will receive an email with your applicant ID upon submission of your background screening. KEEP THIS! You must have your applicant ID to login to TennisLink once you are approved.
7) Again, you will be locked out of TennisLink until you have been approved through the screening. This can take up to 10 business days.
8) Once you receive the completion/approval email from NCSI, you will then use your applicant ID to login to TennisLink.
9) *If you are already registered as a JTT captain, you may now register your team.
*If you need to become a JTT captain, follow these steps:
Go to TennisLink – http://tennislink.usta.com/teamtennis - Then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Become a Coach/Manager’.
You will follow the necessary prompts depending on whether you have a USTA number or need to create an account. (There is no cost to create an account.)
Once you have completed these steps, you can register your team.